The iRobot Roomba E5 vs iRobot Roomba 980 comparison shows that these robot vacuums have some important differences and common features. Based on our rating, Roomba E5 has the overall rating of 7.2 out of 10 versus 8.7 for Roomba 980.
Advantages iRobot Roomba E5 over iRobot Roomba 980
- Less charging time, 2 hrs vs 3 hrs
Advantages iRobot Roomba 980 over iRobot Roomba E5
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 500 ml
- Roomba 980 has mapping function that can map your area and uses smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Two side brushes
- Single room mode to remove dirt in one room
- Voice control
- Better battery life, 120 min vs 90 min
Common features and specifications
- The same suction power: 1700 PA
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 34.3 x 9.4/13.5 x 3.7 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba E5 and 53.5 x 14/21 x 17 x 5.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 980. The weight of the Roomba E5 is 3.3/7.4 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba 980 it is 6/13.3 kg/lbs.