The iRobot Roomba S9plus vs iRobot Roomba 980 comparison shows that these robot vacuums have some important differences and common features. Based on our rating, Roomba S9plus has the overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 versus 8.7 for Roomba 980.
Advantages iRobot Roomba S9plus over iRobot Roomba 980
- Better suction power, 2000 PA vs 1700 PA
- A Virtual Wall creates an invisible barrier that Roomba S9plus won't cross
- When you want to give your area an intense clean, intensive mode will increase suction power
Advantages iRobot Roomba 980 over iRobot Roomba S9plus
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 400 ml
- Two side brushes
- Better battery life, 120 min vs 60 min
Common features and specifications
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
- Both robot vacuums use smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Single room mode
- Voice control
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 30.9 x 8.8/12.2 x 3.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba S9plus and 53.5 x 14/21 x 17 x 5.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 980. The weight of the Roomba S9plus is 3.6/8.1 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba 980 it is 6/13.3 kg/lbs.