The present review is aimed to compare two robot vacuums - iRobot Roomba 980 vs iRobot Roomba i7 7150. Based on our rating, Roomba 980 has the overall rating of 8.7 out of 10 versus 7.7 for Roomba i7 7150.
Advantages iRobot Roomba 980 over iRobot Roomba i7 7150
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 500 ml
- Two side brushes
- Better battery life, 120 min vs 75 min
Advantages iRobot Roomba i7 7150 over iRobot Roomba 980
- When you want to give your area an intense clean, intensive mode will increase suction power
Common features and specifications
- The same suction power: 1700 PA
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
- Both robot vacuums use smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Single room mode
- Voice control
- Equal charging time: 3 hrs
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 53.5 x 14/21 x 17 x 5.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 980 and 33.7 x 9.1/13.3 x 3.6 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba i7 7150. The weight of the Roomba 980 is 6/13.3 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba i7 7150 it is 3.3/7.4 kg/lbs.