We had a chance to test and compare two robot vacuums: iRobot Roomba 980 vs iRobot Roomba 650 and this review should help people who are looking for a good robot vacuum. Based on our rating, Roomba 980 has the overall rating of 8.7 out of 10 versus 6.5 for Roomba 650.
Advantages iRobot Roomba 980 over iRobot Roomba 650
- Better suction power, 1700 PA vs 600 PA
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 400 ml
- Roomba 980 has mapping function that can map your area and uses smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Two side brushes
- Single room mode to remove dirt in one room
- Voice control
- Less charging time, 3 hrs vs 4 hrs
Advantages iRobot Roomba 650 over iRobot Roomba 980
- A Virtual Wall creates an invisible barrier that Roomba 650 won't cross
Common features and specifications
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
- Equal battery life: 120 min
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 53.5 x 14/21 x 17 x 5.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 980 and 34 x 9.1/13.4 x 3.6 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 650. The weight of the Roomba 980 is 6/13.3 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba 650 it is 5.3/11.7 kg/lbs.