The Neato Botvac D3 vs iRobot Roomba 980 comparison shows that these robot vacuums have some important differences and common features. Based on our rating, Botvac D3 has the overall rating of 7.7 out of 10 versus 8.7 for Roomba 980.
Advantages Neato Botvac D3 over iRobot Roomba 980
- A Virtual Wall creates an invisible barrier that Botvac D3 won't cross
- When you want to give your area an intense clean, intensive mode will increase suction power
Advantages iRobot Roomba 980 over Neato Botvac D3
- Better suction power, 1700 PA vs 1000 PA
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 300 ml
- Better battery life, 120 min vs 60 min
Common features and specifications
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
- Both robot vacuums use smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Single room mode
- Voice control
- Equal charging time: 3 hrs
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 32.2 x 10/12.7 x 3.9 (D x H) cm/inches for the Botvac D3 and 53.5 x 14/21 x 17 x 5.5 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 980. The weight of the Botvac D3 is 3.4/7.5 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba 980 it is 6/13.3 kg/lbs.