We would like to share our experience after comparing and testing two robot vacuums – iRobot Roomba 960 vs Shark ION ROBOT 750. Based on our rating, Roomba 960 has the overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 versus 7 for ION ROBOT 750.
Advantages iRobot Roomba 960 over Shark ION ROBOT 750
- Larger dust bin capacity, 600 ml vs 380 ml
- A Virtual Wall creates an invisible barrier that Roomba 960 won't cross
- Roomba 960 has mapping function that can map your area and uses smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Single room mode to remove dirt in one room
Advantages Shark ION ROBOT 750 over iRobot Roomba 960
- Lower noise level, 60 dB vs 61 dB
- Two side brushes
- Better battery capacity, 2600 mAH vs 2130 mAH
- Better battery life, 90 min vs 75 min
Common features and specifications
- Both robot vacuums are Wi-Fi enabled
- Dry cleaning mode
- Voice control
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 35 x 9.1/13.8 x 3.6 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 960 and 32 x 6.6/12.6 x 2.6 (D x H) cm/inches for the ION ROBOT 750. The weight of the Roomba 960 is 3.6/8.6 kg/lbs, and for the ION ROBOT 750 it is 2.4/5.5 kg/lbs.