If you have already decided that you want to buy a new robot vacuum, but still don’t know what exactly you want, the Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 vs iRobot Roomba 860 comparison is here to offer you two decent solutions. Based on our rating, ION Robot Vacuum R85 has the overall rating of 7.7 out of 10 versus 5.7 for Roomba 860.
Advantages Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 over iRobot Roomba 860
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Use boundary strips to create “no-go zones” to keep your robot out of the areas you would like it to avoid
- ION Robot Vacuum R85 has mapping function that can map your area and uses smart path planning to clean more efficient
- Two side brushes
- Single room mode to remove dirt in one room
- When you want to give your area an intense clean, intensive mode will increase suction power
- Voice control
Advantages iRobot Roomba 860 over Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85
- Larger dust bin capacity, 650 ml vs 600 ml
Common features and specifications
- Dry cleaning mode
- Equal battery life: 60 min
- Equal charging time: 3 hrs
A noticeable difference between two models is the size, which is 32.5 x 8.6/12.8 x 3.4 (D x H) cm/inches for the ION Robot Vacuum R85 and 35.3 x 9.1/13.9 x 3.6 (D x H) cm/inches for the Roomba 860. The weight of the ION Robot Vacuum R85 is 4/9 kg/lbs, and for the Roomba 860 it is 3.8/8.4 kg/lbs.